Adventure Teamwork Leadership Friendship
Are you looking for an enriching, empowering, outdoor adventure focused day program for your child? Join us for Day Camp at Camp Hochelaga! Day Camp sessions are offered Monday-Friday every week between June 25th - August 17th. We welcome Day Campers between 6-17 years of age.
Day Camp at Hochelaga
At Camp Hochelaga your Day Camper will have opportunities to:
- Learn new skills and take on challenges across all programs offered at camp (see Activities and Special Programs tab for complete list of offerings)
- Build and strengthen friendships with other Day Campers and Residential Campers of similar ages
- Connect with fun, enthusiastic camp counselors who are specifically committed to meeting the unique needs of Day Campers
- Join us for a one night camp sleepover offered optionally each Thursday
Included in Day Camp tuition:
- Transportation from the Holiday Inn on Williston Road, Essex High School, or Chimney Corners Park & Ride in Milton (optional, see schedule below)
- Breakfast, lunch, and snacks available throughout the day
- Activity choices including: sailing, archery, arts & crafts, kayaking, paddleboarding, water trampoline games, sports and field games, team building, nature hikes, geocaching, wood working, outdoor cooking, and so much more!
- Optional: camp sleepover Thursday night with other Day Campers
The daily schedule at Camp Hochelaga is carefully and intentionally designed to support campers of all ages in trying new things, developing new skills, building strong friendships, and having opportunities to build skills progressively each day in program areas of choice.
Day Camp Transportation Schedule:
Camp Van #1: Drop off and pick up at Holiday Inn on Williston Road
- Drop off Monday-Friday at 7:45am
- Pick up Monday-Friday at 5:15pm
Camp Van #2: Drop off and pick up at Essex High School
- Drop off Monday- Friday at 7:30am
- Pick up Monday-Friday at 5:15pm
Camp Van #3: Drop off and pickup at Chimney Corners Park & Ride in Milton
- Drop off Monday-Friday at 7:50am
- Pick up Monday-Friday at 5:00pm
Safety is our priority. Camp Van drivers are all required to pass a van driving certification, are at least 21 years old, and must hold a clean driving record.
Whether your camper joins us for 3 nights of Mini Camp, a one week session, two week session, or longer; a residential camp experience at Camp Hochelaga promises to offer endless opportunities to try new things, build new skills, experience empowerment and confidence, and develop friendships that hold strong and true far beyond the big green H at camp's front gate.
Campers and staff return year after year to the beautiful shores of Lake Champlain, the cozy lodge, rustic cabin bunks, and the grassy slopes of 'Laga for many reasons. They come to hone their sailing skills, to try archery for the first time, to practice their skills in a game of Quidditch, or to rehearse and perform a classic play for the entire campus. Regardless of their program areas of choice, interest, or skill, 'Laga campers and staff come together each summer to experience a magical sense of social safety, empowerment, confidence, mentoring, self-expression, and timeless traditions.
About Residential Camp Staff
Each season we are excited to bring together a team of counselors, both new and returning, from across the globe. Our counselors are committed to working together to a create safe, fun-filled, and growth-centered environment for each and every 'Laga camper. Our staff team participates in a focused and intentional staff training program that is developed to support them in meeting the unique needs of all our campers and holding physical, social, and emotional safety as their top priority at all times. Stay tuned for summer staff bios next spring!
Camp Hochelaga waterfront staff are all American Redcross Lifeguard/CPR/First Aid/AED certified. A Registered Nurse is on site every day.
Learn more about our core values, the daily camp schedule, new programs and special activities coming to camp for summer 2018, and the wide variety of programs offered at Camp Hochelaga on the Activities & Programs page.
Do you know someone in your community who would love to join our 'Laga family? Bring a new friend to camp with you and take advantage of our Refer a Friend discount. When your friend register for her first session of camp at Hochelaga you both save $25 on tuition.
Residential campers sleep in Camp Hochelaga's cozy cabins in groups of 6-8 girls. All cabins are grouped by age so that campers staying in the same space are no more than 18 months apart in age. Cabins are clean, airy, and located close to bath houses with electricity and plenty of hot water for showers.
All meals at camp are served family style in camp's main Lodge. Meals at camp are cooked from scratch, served hot, and followed by many goofy all-camp songs. A cereal bar is available at breakfast, and a salad bar with many locally sourced fresh options is offered at lunch and dinner. Camp Hochelaga is happy to accommodate dietary restrictions to the best of our ability.
Our 5-week leadership program for girls age 16 or who have completed 10th grade. CITs have opportunities to develop leadership skills, grow self-confidence, and build concrete professional development skills that transfer directly to work positions far beyond camp.
Are you ready to be a CIT Laga Leader?
Leadership: Dependable, helpful, takes initiative, positive role model, good communicator, problem solver
Achievement: Curious, involved, independent, challenges self, hard worker, enthusiastic about learning
Giving: Compassion, empathy, puts others first, supportive, encourages others, includes others
Attitude: Positive outlook, spirited, fair, trustworthy, respectful of self and others, self-confident, motivated, friendly
Counselors in Training Have Opportunities for Growth as They:
- Develop and feel confident in leadership skills and teaching skills
- Experience planning and leading activities, working with others across differences, and stepping into mentorship roles.
- Opportunities to take on age-appropriate challenges that build your skills, confidence and capacity for working with people of all ages.
- Develop professional, leadership, and critical thinking skills with mentorship from the Camp Hochelaga CIT Director in a physically and socially emotionally safe environment of self-empowerment and fun!
- Transition from camper to staff in a supportive and empowering environment
- Understand the unique rules and traditions of camp and why they are important
- Specifically developed skill sets for working with kids and co-workers that translate to many workplaces beyond camp.
During Their 5 Week Session CITs Will:
- Have the opportunity to become Lifeguard/First Aid/CPR/AED Certified through the American Redcross (2 year certification valid across the globe)
- Build a resume and practice interview skills
- Gain hands-on experience caring for campers and engaging them in meaningful programs
- Write lesson plans for campers of all ages in program areas across camp
- Engage with our community through a service project
- Practice team work and connect with fellow CITs during the 3 day CIT canoe trip
- Be among a strong and respectful group that you can use as a resource and support network
Check out this article highlighted just a few of the many benefits of being a camp counselor and leader: The Camp Counselor Vs. The Intern (New York Times)
Are you ready to be a CIT?
- Must be at least 16 years old or have completed the tenth grade.
- 15-year-olds can apply but may not be eligible as an Assistant Counselor candidate for the summer of 2017.
- Feel excited about working with kids of all ages, collaborating with others to accomplish projects and take on challenges, ready to think about, talk about, and act on what it means to be a great leader!
CIT Registration Process:
To register for Camp Hochelaga's CIT program simply complete our online camp registration process and select the CIT option as your session of choice. Once you have completed your registration we will reach out to you and your Counselor in Training with an information packet to complete.
When and How Much?
- This is a 5-week program July 8th - August 11th 2018
Tuition includes Redcross Lifeguard Certification (valid for 2 years), all workshops and professional development, supervision, mentorship, room and board.
Tier A: $1675
Tier B: $1750
Tier C: $1825
Session Dates and Rates for Summer 2018
1 Week Session
A: $290 B: $315 C: $340
DC 1 – June 25th – June 29th
DC 2 – July 2nd – July 6th
DC 3 – July 9th – July 13th
DC 4 – July 16th – July 20th
DC 5 – July 23rd - July 27th
DC 6 – July 30th – August 3rd
DC 7 – August 6th – August 10th
DC 8 – August 13th – August 17th
Day Camp Transportation
no extra fee – space limited
Van – Essex High School
Van – Chimney Corners, Milton
Van – Holiday Inn, Williston Road, So. Burlington
Breakfast and lunch included
1 Week Session
A: $750 B: $825 C: $900
RC 1 – June 24th – June 30th
RC 2 – July 1st – July 7th
RC 3 – July 8th – July 14th
RC4 - July 15th - July 21st
RC 5 – July 22nd – July 28th
2 Week Session
A: $1325 B: $1400 C: $1475
RC 4 –July 15th – July 28th (includes 1 night off-site camping trip!)
RC 6 –July 29th – August 11th
Three nights Sun – Wed
A: $390 B: $415 C: $440
MC 1– June 24th – June 27th
MC 2 – July 1st - July 4th
NEW: MC3 - August 12th - August 15th
Counselor in Training
A: $1675 B: $1750 C: $1825
CIT - July 8th – August 11th
Change Over Activity
For campers staying multiple weeks, there will be fun, off-site weekend activities for a fee of $75.00. Campers not registered for the activity must be picked up during check out time on Saturday and checked back in on Sunday (does not apply during 2-week session or for CITs)
Airport/Bus/Train: Camp Hochelaga pick up or drop off $45 each way
The Circle of Girls Scholarship Fund
Scholarship applications are now included as an option in our online registration process. If you are interested in applying for a camp scholarship we will be accepting applications on a rolling basis. Please register your camper for the session of your choosing and complete all components of the scholarship application section of your online registration.